Woodbury United Lacrosse Calendar & Information
Woodbury United Lacrosse is a 501(c)3 non-profit community organization that supports lacrosse in the City of Woodbury. All players who wish to play lacrosse are welcome at all ages. Registration opens in early January and closes in March.
All board members and parent coaches are volunteers. As a growing sport, we rely on dedicated parents to support the program in a variety of roles.
The lacrosse leagues we participate in are administered by YLM (boys) and MsLax (girls). Our summer season runs from late March – July. Here is the timeline:
March & April - Indoor clinics & tryouts/evaluations
- A series of 6-8 clinics (including Try Lax for Free days) and tryouts/evals held in HealthEast Fieldhouse
- Tryouts for “A” teams at U12 and U14.
- U8 and U10, if there are multiple teams, they are divided evenly.
- Tentative Schedule:
- Sun 2/28/21 - Try Lacrosse for Free: 10:00am-11:00 am
- Tues 3/16/21 - Clinics for Registered Players: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wed 3/17/21 - Clinics for Registered Players: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Sun 3/21/21 - Clinic for Registered Players: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Tues 3/23/21 - Try Lacrosse for Free: 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wed 3/24/21 - Tryouts: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Sat 3/27/21 - Clinic for Registered Players: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Sun 3/28/21 - Tryouts: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Tues 3/30/21 - Clinics for Registered Players: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wed 3/31/21 - Clinics for Registered Players: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Tues 4/6/21 - Clinics for Registered Players: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wed 4/7/21 - Clinics for Registered Players: 5:30pm-8:30pm
April & May = Preseason practices begin when City opens outdoor fields in late April
- Outdoor practices & focus on fundamentals
- Typically held Sunday afternoons, and 1-2 weekdays
June & July = YLM and MsLax Summer seasons
- MsLax is the girls league:
- For U10-U14 = 8 regular season games. Typically 2 practices per week. Also teams participate in three weekend tournaments
- For U8 = 2-3 weekend jamborees, one of which Woodbury may host. Usually the first and third Saturday of June.
- YLM is the boys league:
- U12-U14 = 10 regular season games. 2 practices a week. 3 weekend tournaments. State tournament, typically the last weekend of July and/or first weekend in August.
- U10 = 8 regular season games. 2 practices a week. 2 weekend tournaments. End of season jamboree on a weekend at the end of July.
- U8 = 6 regular season games. 1-2 practices as week. 1 weekend tournament. End of season jamboree on a weekend at the end of July.
- U6 = 8-10 clinics typically on Wednesday evenings during the Summer
- Girls = stick, goggles, mouthguard, cleats
- Boys = stick, helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, athletic supporter/cup, mouthguard, cleats,
- U6 = Stick
Summer registration fees pay for non-parent coaches, YLM/MsLax fees, fields/facilities, referees, tournaments, background checks, insurance, preseason scrimmages, medical field coverage, equipment and uniforms.
Woodbury hosts the Black & Blue summer lacrosse tournament. It is the largest lacrosse tournament in the Midwest. For the 2019 Tournament, there were over 140 teams that participated. For the 2021 season, the tournament is slated to be held the weekend of July 9-11. This is the only fundraiser we run as an association and we rely heavily on parents to fulfill their required Dibs volunteer hours during this tournament.
More information can be found on www.woodburyunitedlax.com. Like us on Facebook, twitter and Instagram.
Any questions, feel free to contact Mackenzie Harding, Girls Director at Mackenzie.email@example.com, or Sam Stalsberg, President at firstname.lastname@example.org.